Guests are allowed no more than two well-behaved dogs per campsite. If you describe your dog as "not good with other dogs" or "not good with kids" please do not bring it along. Guests bringing their dog(s) are required to select the $40 'additional pet fee' during online booking via our Website. Pets are not allowed on furniture or bed linens. Please also be sure to clean up any pet waste on the campsite and trails. An additional cleaning fee may be assessed for any violations.
Cancellations must be made by midnight (12:00am Central Time), at least 30 days (four weeks) prior to rental date, in order to receive a full refund (minus processing fees). No refunds will be given for no shows, late arrivals, or early departures.
Cancellations less than 30 days in advance will will be non-refundable.
First and foremost, we simply want everyone to enjoy themselves while they're here! The policy outlined below is to ensure the longevity and integrity of the campground so guests can continue to enjoy it for many years to come. The summary of it is- please be respectful to your fellow campers (no loud music from 10 pm - 7 am, and no littering) and please be respectful to our camping units and decorations (no smoking inside campers/ tents, and no damaging or removing of decorations or furnishings from the property). We've worked very hard to create just the right ambiance at our sites and we only ask that our guests can honor that. Thank you!
The following Terms and Conditions are hereby entered into and agreed upon between Ebner, LLC- DBA Camp Kettlewood (the "Owner") and Renter for the rental of Trailers, Platform Tents, etc (individually and collectively the "Equipment"):
1. Check In: 3:00pm CT
Check Out: 12:00pm CT (If Room is occupied after 12:00pm, an additional day may be charged.)
*NO Early Check In/Late Check Out*
2. Renter understands and agrees to the following requirements for all Equipment rentals:
a) Behavior- Owner reserves the right to refuse any person entry into the Equipment for any reason. Rude, rowdy, unruly, intoxicated, or otherwise non-civil behavior creates a dangerous environment for Owner, Renter, guests and the Equipment. Owner reserves the right to give one verbal Warning to Renter or Renter’s authorized representative (i.e.: Event Coordinator, etc) regarding unacceptable behavior with the Equipment. Failure to abide by said Warning will cause Owner to stop all Equipment Rental Services and Renter will be asked to leave. In the event that Owner must stop rental services as a result of Behavior under this clause, Renter agrees that they are not entitled to any refund or reimbursement or portion thereof for limited services or time.
b) Bad Weather- Foul, bad, or extreme weather can potentially cause extensive damage to the Equipment. In order to preserve the Equipment, Owner reserves the right to cancel any rental of the Equipment forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the Rental Date due to anticipated extreme weather. If Owner cancels the Rental due to extreme weather, Renter shall receive a full-refund. However, Renter is solely responsible for checking the weather during their stay and making any potential cancellations by the above-listed deadline. Renter shall not be entitled to any refund, partial or full, due to bad weather during the Rental Period that causes Renter to leave and/or terminate their Rental early.
c) Quiet Time- Renters understand and agree that other Renters may occupy other Equipment during the same Rental Period. As a result, Renter is asked to be respectful of its neighbors. Amplified music, loud partying, or any other excessive noise is prohibited after 10:00 pm CT.
3. Repair and Alterations. The costs of all repairs, as a result of Renter’s use during the Term shall be paid by Renter, including but not limited to labor, material, parts and other items. Renter shall not make repairs or replace parts and accessories without Owner’s prior consent.
4. Restrictions on Use/ Camp Kettlewood Policies. RENTER SHALL NOT:
a) Smoke inside Equipment, A $250 cleaning fee will be assessed for each violation (The smell of smoke is extremely difficult to get out of the campers, especially);
b) Bring more than Two Dogs per Campsite. Guests bringing their dog(s) are required to select the $40 'additional pet fee' during online booking. Guests will be charged upon arrival if payment was not completed online ahead of time. Pets are NOT allowed on furniture or bed linens. A MINIMUM $50 additional cleaning fee will be assessed for any violation (excessive pet hair/ muddy prints on bedding etc). Please also be sure to clean up any pet waste on the campsite and trails.
c) Cook any strong smelling food inside Equipment. Outdoor gas grills are provided for most Campsites;
d) Remove/ take home bedding from Equipment. A $250 minimum replacement fee will be assessed for each Platform Tent or Trailer who’s bedding is missing.
e) Relieve themselves (aka, go to the bathroom) on or inside the Equipment under any circumstances. A $100 cleaning fee will be assessed for each unit that is soiled in this way;
f) Leave cigarette butts on the campground. Please dispose of butts safely and properly.
g) Jump or bounce inside Trailers, intentionally rock or shake Trailers (the force will damage the Trailers, for which you will be responsible);
h) Permit the Equipment to be used by any person who is not authorized to use such Equipment;
i) Operate or use the Equipment or permit it to be operated or used in violation of law;
j) Operate or use the Equipment or permit it to be operated or used to commit a violation of law;
k) Operate or use the Equipment in a manner likely to cause damage to the Equipment; and/or
l) Exceed the Equipment weight limit capacity of 1,000 pounds.
5. Loss or Damage. Renter shall alert Owner to any damage to the Equipment. Renter shall be responsible for any loss or damage to Equipment and loss of use, diminution of the Equipment’s value caused by damage to it or repair to it and missing equipment. Owner shall provide Renter with receipts for the repair/replacement of Equipment or related items upon request.
Special Notice: All Trailer/ Platform Tent items (décor, games, and miscellaneous articles) MUST be returned, undamaged, to Equipment before Rental Period ends. Renter will be liable and fined for any missing items.
Special Notice: Trailers are left unlocked at time of check in. Keys are located inside of each Trailer and it is the Renter's responsibility to lock up any personal items before leaving the Campsite. Keys need to be returned to Trailer before checking out.
6. Indemnification and Liability. Renter hereby indemnifies, defends and holds harmless Owner & Property from and against any claim, demand, cause of action, loss or liability (including attorney’s fees and expenses of litigation) for any and all property damage or personal injury arising from Renter’s use of Equipment by any cause, other than reckless or intentional misconduct of the Owner or Property. The provisions of this Article shall survive the termination of this Agreement with respect to any claims or liability accruing before such termination.
*IN NO EVENT SHALL OWNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM RENTER’S USE OF EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS PROFITS AND LOSS REVENUE, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, other than reckless or intentional misconduct of Owner.
**RENTER HEREBY EXPRESSLY AND SPECIFICALLY ASSUMES THE RISK OF INJURY OR HARM IN THESE ACTIVITIES AND RELEASES EBNER, LLC- DBA CAMP KETTLEWOOD FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR ALL AND ANY LOSS, INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR PROPERTY THEFT RESULTING FROM THESE ACTIVITIES IN ASSOCIATION WITH EBNER, LLC- DBA CAMP KETTLEWOOD, OTHER THAN RECKLESS OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OF OWNER. THIS IS A PRIVATE CAMPGROUND and pursuant to Wis. Stats. Section 895.53, an owner or operator of a private campground, and any employees and officers of a private campground, owner, or operator are immune from civil liability for acts or omissions related to camping at a private campground if a person is injured or killed, or property is damaged, as a result of an inherent risk of camping.
7. Medical Treatment. Renter hereby releases and forever discharges Owner and Property from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency related to Rental Period.
8. Assumption of Risk. Renter hereby understands that their interaction or participation in the Rental Activities may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, hiking the trails, driving golf carts to and from site, cook and food preparation activities, use of trailer stoves, ovens, sinks, refrigerators, electrical outlets, or any other appliance or gas, electric, or water based power systems, and/or any inherently dangerous activities, or features, of any venue, property, or location where Rental Activities occur. I recognize and understand that Owner/Ebner, LLC- DBA CAMP KETTLEWOOD provides the use of trailers and platform tents for convenience, comfort, and style, and makes no representations or guarantees that any Ebner, LLC- DBA CAMP KETTLEWOOD trailers and platform tents or products will protect persons against any force majeure, including, but not limited to, extreme temperatures, falling trees or branches, vicious animals and creatures, or intruders of any kind. I understand that the Rental Activities make take place at a variety of venues, properties, or locations and that I assume all risks associated with those venues, properties, or locations that EBNER, LLC- DBA CAMP KETTLEWOOD does not own.
9. Photo/Video Release. Renter understands and agrees that Renter may not use ANY photos, videos, or any other methods of digital reproduction of content or material, that are taken on the Property for any commercial use. Renter hereby understands that the unlawful commercial use of such photos, videos, and/or material is strictly prohibited and will be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law. Additionally, Renter hereby grants to Owner, the right to copy, use, license and distribute in any media for any purpose any photographs or videos of the Renter, my Event, and/or my Guests, that were taken or recorded by or on behalf of Owner. This right shall include the right to use any recordings of Renter’s voice and any personal information about Renter that I voluntarily provide. Renter agrees that the photographs, video, or recordings may be combined with other images, text, graphics, film, audio, audio-visual works; and may be cropped, altered or modified. Renter understands that this paragraph does not confer any rights of ownership of the images to Renter nor is it intended to give Renter approval rights. Owner is permitted, although not obligated, to include Renter’s name as a credit in connection with any image, voice recording, or presentation. Renter hereby releases Owner and its assigns, licensees, and successors from any claims that may arise regarding the copying, use, or distribution of my images, voice recordings, presentation, or personal information. Renter acknowledges and agree that Renter has no further right to additional consideration or accounting, and that Renter will make no further claim for any reason to Owner or its licensees or assigns. Renter acknowledges and agrees that this release is binding upon their heirs and assigns.
10. Payment Policy:
Renter hereby agrees to authorize Owner to charge the debit card or credit card on file with Owner an amount equal to all payments and fees due under this Agreement for the Rental Period. Total Rental Price payment amount is due at the time of booking.
Renter also agrees to pay all other charges in accordance with this Agreement due upon the completion of Rental Period, to the fullest extent allowed by law, including but not limited to:
a) charges for optional services, if any;
b) applicable taxes, if any;
c) loss of, or damage or repair to the Equipment or Property, loss of use, diminution of the Equipment value caused by damage to it or repair to it, and costs to enforce such charges including administrative fees for processing the claim and legal expenses;
d) unless due to the fault of Owner, all fines, penalties, court costs and other expenses relating to the Equipment assessed against Owner or the Equipment during the Rental Period;
e) all expenses Owner incurs due to Renter’s failure to return the Equipment including costs in locating and recovering the Equipment;
f) all costs incurred to collect unpaid monies due; and
g) twenty-five dollars ($25.00) or the maximum amount allowed by law, whichever is greater, for making payment with insufficient funds.
11. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin. All disputes relating to the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively by the state court in Walworth County, Wisconsin. The parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the Court for such purpose.
12. Severability. If any provision of this Release or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable to any extent, neither the remainder of this Release nor the application of such provision to any other person or circumstance shall be affected thereby, and each provision of this Release shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We want to assure our guests that we are taking every precaution to help keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The campground is set on 80 acres, with each campsite on its own 1-2 acres, making social distancing from other guests very easy to practice!
Our bathroom building has 4 separate bathrooms, so we designated each one to a specific campsite. That way, there is no shared space with other guests.
We also carefully sanitize the inside of each bathroom, canvas tent, and trailer with EPA approved disinfectants after each group checks-out. Door handles, knobs on propane grills, and any outdoor tables and chairs are also sanitized. Sheets are washed in hot water and changed after every booking.
Golf carts are provided for transporting belongings (and guests) to the campsites from the parking lot and vice versa. Each golf cart has disinfectant wipes and alcohol-based hand sanitizer inside for guests to use while borrowing the carts. We also clean these carts between bookings.
Finally, while we do provide some dishes and cooking equipment for some sites (which we also clean), we strongly encourage guests to bring and use their own single-use items. This includes, but is not limited to, paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils, and plastic cups.
Each adult in your reservation must fill out the COVID-19 Health Declaration below 24 hours before arriving. By completing this form, adults are also assumed to be speaking for any children traveling with them.